Me! Made you wonder a little, didn’t it?
Hi! Just wanted to share with you what’s going on in my neck of the woods.
I was so thrilled with the results of the survey and I want to THANK everyone who participated. I got some excellent ideas that I plan to implement. Here are just some of the great suggestions…
- A bead exchange once a year.
- Contest on what others are doing with the beads they purchased from me. (I really would like to do this one!)
- A monthly bead giveaway.
- Sharing tips about color, artists that I like, and glass that is fun to work with.
- Finished size of lampwork beads on the blog posts, front & back pictures. (Got that one!)
- Other mediums to use in glass, and what am I thinking when I’m making a bead. (I’m sharing this in my bead tutorials a lot)
- Other jewelry artists showing different techniques.
- Some lampworking technique videos or tutorials on my blog.
If anyone has any more ideas, let me know. I really do appreciate your help!
My first glass lampwork bead tutorial!
I’ve got some GREAT news for those of you who lampwork! I have almost finished my first lampwork bead tutorial! It’s been birthing for 2 months. Ouch! What’s in it? Some of everything I know! I’m sharing personal lampwork techniques, explaining foundation color knowledge, giving step by step tutorials on some sculptural flowers, and helping you find the artist in you. WOW! All in one tutorial! More details coming soon!
Other exciting news in my world of lampwork beads!
I was honored to be interviewed by Australian Beading Magazine. It is an awesome article written by Jean Yates. She is a remarkably gifted writer and her article brought out a very personal side of me that not many people know. Jean has a regular column in the magazine, letting Australians know what’s going on in America. Isn’t the world getting small?
I also want to thank Australian Beading Magazine for allowing me to share the interview with ya’ll. They have a terrific magazine that has its own style of unique and original beading ideas! Check them out here: Australian Beading Magazine. Their Facebook page has great jewelry ideas: Like them on FaceBook here.
Want to know how I get inspired and what makes me tick? Click here to read the interview!
Jean has a delightful blog on jewelry book reviews, contests, the latest news in the jewelry scene & Blythe dolls. Margot Potter just did a fantastic article about Jean which was a blast to read! Click here for Jean’s Blog.
These are my newest glass works above. I’ll be putting them on Etsy or Artfire in the next week are so. If you are interested in any of them, just email me about prices.
I have lampwork art beads on my ESTY
I also have yummy ones on ArtFire